Our team of immigration attorneys provides thoughtful guidance and aggressive representation in all aspects of compliance, employee work authorization and immigration actions.
Many companies depend on their ability to attract and retain the services of highly qualified employees, including skilled employees, executives, managers and professionals with graduate degrees, some of whom may be foreign born. At McGrath North, we work with clients to provide creative, cost-effective legal solutions to the most complicated U.S. business immigration issues, which impact all types of employers, from small businesses to global companies.
Our advisory services assist clients in navigating the complex areas of work authorization, immigrant and nonimmigrant visas, and immigration compliance in order to minimize the inconvenience, delay, expense and potential liability related to employment related immigration issues. Using the latest interactive technology and with our experienced paraprofessional support, we track visa expiration dates and provide ongoing case status reports to assist our clients in managing their immigration caseload.
We also help our clients develop corporate strategies, such as I-9 compliance programs, to respond to workplace needs. We represent and defend employers facing I-9 audits, worksite enforcement actions and immigration-related discrimination claims brought by U.S. federal and state agencies or individuals.
Our firm’s attorneys provide guidance on a range of immigration issues for clients, from small startups to large global organizations in a wide range of industries such as banking/finance, agriculture, manufacturing, food, mergers and acquisitions, health, insurance and education. In doing so, we carefully and cost effectively craft solutions that reflect each client’s unique goals and objectives.
Range of Immigration Services
U.S. Nonimmigrant Visas:
- B Visas (Business visitors)
- E-1 and E-2 Visas (Treaty traders and treaty investors)
- E-3 Visas (Australian specialty workers)
- H-1B Visas (Specialty occupations)
- H-4 Visas (Immediate family members of H-1B visa holder)
- J-1 Visas (Exchange visitors)
- L-1 Visas (Intracompany transferees – executives and managers)
- O/P Visas (Persons with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics)
- R-1 Visas (Religious workers)
- TN (Treaty national visas under NAFTA, now USMCA (United States Mexico Canada Agreement))
Immigrant Visas/Lawful Permanent Residents:
- Employment-based immigrant petitions
- Family-based immigrant petitions
- I-9 audits
As many employers know, they need to hire and retain the best and brightest talent in order to stay competitive in the global marketplace and McGrath North is driven to help manage the immigration process to make this happen.