In their efforts to resolve environmental issues, our clients expect tailored solutions that are practical and economical, that simplify compliance requirements, and that use their existing personnel and resources as much as possible.
The management of environmental permitting and regulatory compliance issues is an ongoing challenge as various jurisdictions adopt new laws, revise existing legislation, and update their administrative codes. At McGrath North, we offer extensive experience in conducting environmental audits, processing permit applications and negotiating permit terms and conditions according to each client’s specific requirements. By tailoring our advice and solutions, we’re able to assist both large and small companies in streamlining the permit process—obtaining variances where possible—and meeting deadlines to avoid costly construction and production delays. In our advisory role, we’re able to simplify complicated regulatory issues for company staff and assist existing personnel with environmental compliance management. And we advise clients on a broad range of environmental issues in acquisitions and divestitures transactions.
- Advised a major packaged foods company on the establishment and implementation of an environmental management system
- Advised and assisted a major commodities company on environmental due diligence with respect to its sale to a foreign purchaser
- Conducted environmental audits on over 60 processing facilities for a major food company
- Advised and assisted a major food company on environmental due diligence regarding divestiture of its beef and pork processing operations
- Advised a major commodities company on environmental due diligence with respect to the company’s purchase of sugar processing facilities
- Advised a major metropolitan airport with respect to compliance obligations and strategies for its stormwater discharge, including discharge from its deicing operations
- Advised and assisted a major food company on environmental due diligence regarding divestiture of its poultry processing operations
- Represented a major commodities company with respect to air permit matters for multiple grain elevators, feed processing facilities and fertilizer processing and handling facilities
- Advised and assisted a major food company on environmental due diligence regarding divestiture of its processed meats processing operations
- Represented a Nebraska municipality with respect to its permitting and construction of a Subtitle D landfill and its contract with a third party for construction and operation of a solid waste transfer station
- Advised a major commodities company on the establishment and implementation of an environmental management system